The South African Government is aware most households struggle to pay the hefty academic costs for their kids to complete their desired qualifications. This is why NSFAS is tasked with ensuring that no deserving student is barred from achieving their dreams due to financial problems.
Get NSFAS funding, make a difference in 2020!!
HOW CAN YOU APPLY?
You can apply using any of these 3 options.
- Visit www.nsfas.org.za and create your myNSFAS account
- After creating the account, log in and Click the Apply tab: fill in your personal/required information and upload your supporting documents (personal information is pre-populated, provide your information is up-to-date at the Department of Home Affairs)
- Once you have filled in all required information, click on the ‘Submit’ option to complete your application and note your application Reference number.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THE NSFAS FUNDING?
- Any South African citizen who is currently studying or plans on studying at a public university or TVET college.
- The combined household income of the applicant who has registered at a public institution from 2018or plans to register in 2020 for the first time must not exceed R350 000 per annum.
The combined household income of an applicant who has registered prior to 2018 must not exceed R122 000 per annum.
The combined household income of persons with disabilities must not exceeding R600 000 per annum.
Below are the NSFAS contact details for more information: